NCWA Wrestling Referee Random Draw Kit
NCWA Wrestling Referee Random Draw Kit. According to the NCWA, wrestling referee's are required to have some device that can be used to randomly draw the order of events (which weight class goes first, second, etc). This product has each weight listed on an attractive plastic disc and comes in a cloth bag. The perfect tool that satisfies the requirement for a random draw. An absolute necessary for the "professional" wrestling official. New, attractive design.
NOTE: The NCWA, which governs college wrestling for institutions outside of the NCAA, NAIA, and NJCAA, is the only association with collegiate wrestling to offer an 11th weight class: 235 lbs.
There are a number of benefits from this:
- This weight class bridges the weight gap between the 197 lb and 285 lb weight classes, the biggest weight disparity among any two weight classes.
- College wrestlers who wrestled in the 195 or 220 lb weight classes in high school might find this easier to compete in than having to wrestle at 197 lbs or 285 lbs.
- Schools who have two or more prominent athletes in the 197 and/or 285 lb weight classes can now give their athletes another chance to succeed individually and earn team points.
- Another weight class leads to higher team scores at tournaments.
- The 11th weight class can often be used as a tiebreaker as the first criterion of "Number of Matches Won" in dual meet settings.
NCWA Weight Classifications
|125 lbs.||133 lbs.||141 lbs.||149 lbs.||157 lbs.||165 lbs.|
|174 lbs.||184 lbs.||197 lbs.||235 lbs.||285 lbs.|